Lately, OpenSubtitles changed the way you can enjoy subtitles with your daily media consumption. Let’s find out how to install latest OpenSubtitles with Kodi.
While watching a movie or a TV Show in Kodi, you might have noticed an error message on your subtitles. Something like “please login”… Kodi, in its big fat crusade, decided to also take down subtitles add-on. Indeed subtitles, are also copyrighted like MANY other things in this world. For us, it means that the OpenSubtitles add-on is no longer an official add-on must be installed “manually”. So, let’s do it!
NB: If you already have OpenSubtitles installed and see the error message asking you to login, then you have to disable the add-on and install the new one below.
Install latest OpenSubtitles with Kodi
- Start by downloading the latest version of OpenSubtitles add-on (select the zip version).
- Run Kodi, browse to System > Settings:
- Then select Add-ons:
- From here, select “Install from Zip file” and select the file you download from the first step.
- And voilà, it is installed! Now,let’s configure it.
Configure OpenSubtitles add-on for Kodi
- Browse back to System > Add-ons and select My Add-ons > Subtitles
- From here, you should see the newly installed OpenSubtitles.org add-on.
- Right click (or hit C, on your keyboard), while hoovering this add-on and select “Configure”.
- From here, you just have to enter your credentials for OpenSubtitles’ website. If you don’t have any, just register a free account there.
That’s finally, it! Lay back and enjoy what you can’t find on NetFlix. And if you want Kodi automatic subtitles, yes you can do it as well.
Want extra privacy while using Kodi?
VPN are awesome tools that allow you to hide what your doing on the Internet from your ISP, and change your geographical locations (among others). With the recent changes that happened in the US , where ISP can (and will) resale your private data to corporation, it is really a smart move to use one like IPVanish.
For example, without a VPN, your ISP (internet service provider), can find out that your downloading subtitles for a said movie… kinda scary.
If you are lost or need additional help, do not hesitate to post a comment and/or visit the official source for this guide.